Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In 1996, the APEC Committee on Trade and Investment (CTI) established an Intellectual Property Rights Get-Together (IPR-GT). The aim was to ensure adequate and effective protection, through legislative, administrative and enforcement mechanisms, of intellectual property rights in the Asia-Pacific region based on the principles of the World Trade Organization's Agreement on Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS Agreement) and other related agreements. In 1997, the CTI made the IPR-GT an official APEC group with explicit terms of reference, and renamed it the Intellectual Property Rights Experts Group (IPEG).
The IPEG implements a work program which aims to:
- Deepen the dialogue on intellectual property policy.
- Survey and exchange information on the current status of IPR protection and administrative systems.
- Study measures for the effective enforcement of IPR.
- Fully implement the TRIPS Agreement.
- Facilitate technical cooperation to help economies implement TRIPS.