Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Brazilian Institute for Technology and Society of Rio de Janeiro (ITS) is a non-profit independent think-tank. The ITS team, for more than ten years, has developed an expertise in:
- (i) identifying emerging technology opportunities and challenges with broad social and economic ramifications and performing initial research to make clear the range of issues to be addressed;
- (ii) analyze these issues from multiple perspectives (legal, economic, social, cultural), highlighting critical aspects, particularly where they may restrict fundamental rights or widen social inequalities;
- (iii) make the issues involved — promises and threats — clear to policy makers, other experts, activists and the general public at national, regional and international levels;
- (iv) mobilize progressive forces to capture value or oppose threats, and design collaborations between competing interests for the public good; and
- (v) bring independent expertise and perspectives into working partnership with universities, civil society actors, the private sector and government agencies.