The Infrastructure Security and Energy Restoration (ISER) program, within the U.S. Department of Energy, works with the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and other national, regional, state, and local government and commercial organizations to:
- Support the national critical infrastructure protection program
- Analyze infrastructure vulnerabilities and recommend preventive measures
- Help other agencies prepare for and respond to energy emergencies and minimize the consequences of an emergency
- Conduct emergency energy operations during a declared emergency or national security special event in accordance with the National Response Plan
- Develop, implement, and maintain a national energy cyber security program.