Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Informational flexible deterrent options (IFDO) are
|“||preplanned, deterrence-oriented actions carefully tailored to send the right signal and influence an adversary's actions.||”|
Examples of IFDO activities include:
- Impose sanctions on communications systems and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) technology transfer.
- Protect friendly communications systems and ISR assets (computer network defense, operations security, information assurance).
- Increase public awareness of the problem and potential for conflict.
- Make public declarations of nonproliferation policy.
- Increase communication systems and ISR processing and transmission capability.
- Interrupt satellite downlink transmissions.
- Publicize violations of international law.
- Publicize increased force presence, joint exercises, military capability.
- Increase informational efforts:
- Influence adversary decision makers (political, military, and social).
- Promote mission awareness.
- Increase measures directed at the opponent's military forces.
- Implement meaconing, interference, jamming, and intrusion of enemy informational assets.
- Maintain an open dialogue with the news media.
- Take steps to increase U.S. public support.
- Ensure consistency of strategic communication messages.