Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Information security controls
|“||include security management, access controls, configuration management, segregation of duties, and contingency planning. These controls are designed to ensure that there is a continuous cycle of activity for assessing risk, logical and physical access to sensitive computing resources and information is appropriately restricted; only authorized changes to computer programs are made; one individual does not control all critical stages of a process; and backup and recovery plans are adequate to ensure the continuity of essential operations.||”|
"[I]neffective information security controls can result in significant risks, including
- loss or theft of computer resources, assets, and funds;
- inappropriate access to and disclosure, modification, or destruction of sensitive information, such as national security information, personally identifiable information (PII), or proprietary business information;
- disruption of critical operations supporting critical infrastructure, national defense, or emergency services;
- undermining of agency missions due to embarrassing incidents that erode the public's confidence in government;
- use of computer resources for unauthorized purposes or to launch attacks on other systems;
- damage to networks and equipment; and
- high costs for remediation."