Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Information management (IM) is
|“||[t]he function of managing an organization’s information resources by the handling of knowledge acquired by one or many different individuals and organizations in a way that optimizes access by all who have a share in that knowledge or a right to that knowledge.||”|
|“||the planning, budgeting, manipulating, and controlling of information throughout its life cycle.||”|
- ↑ U.S. Department of Defense, Joint Pub. 1–02: DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Nov. 8, 2010, as amended through May 15, 2011) (full-text).
- ↑ The Common Approach to Federal Enterprise Architecture, at 46 (Terms and Definitions); OMB Circular No. A-130, App. III, §6.l.
See also Edit
- Information Management Life Cycle
- Information Management: A List of Selected GAO Publications Containing Checklists or Guidance on Computer Software Topics
- Information Management: Challenges in Federal Agencies' Use of Web 2.0 Technologies
- Information Management: Challenges in Implementing an Electronic Records Archive
- Information Management: GAO Views on Year 2000 Testing Metrics
- Information Management: Information Value and Cost Measures for Use as Management Tools