Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Operating under the authority of the Secretary of Defense, the mission of the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Directorate (IAD) focuses on protecting national security information and information systems, in accordance with National Security Directive 42. It ensures the availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation of national security and telecommunications and information systems (national security systems).
Its mission includes:
- Comprehensive vulnerability and threat analysis
- Guidance on IA security solutions
- Tiered security assessments
- Tailored solutions for specialized needs
- Network security products and solutions to enable assured information sharing across security domains or between communities of interest
- A 24/7 watch and analysis activity providing threat warnings, attack alerts and bulletins
- Training and security awareness support
- The key management infrastructure that provisions end cryptographic units
- Security engineering services that leverage government and commercial solutions.