Established in 2012, the Industry Botnet Group (IBG) is a voluntary group of companies, trade associations and non-profit organizations that collaborate, share expertise and aggregate resources to combat botnets.
The goals of the IBG are:
- Develop principles to guide voluntary anti-botnet efforts throughout the ecosystem.
- Create a framework for understanding how participants in the ecosystem can interact with each other and their customers to address botnets.
- Establish a strategy for educating end users about the botnet threat.
- Aggregate resources to help IBG members more effectively educate and assist their customers.
- Identify techniques and metrics for measuring the extent of the botnet threat and the effectiveness of interventions.
- Industry Botnet Group, Principles for Voluntary Efforts to Reduce the Impact of Botnets in Cyberspace (full-text).