Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Established in 2012, the Industry Botnet Group is a voluntary group of companies, trade associations and non-profit organizations that collaborate, share expertise and aggregate resources to combat botnets.
The goals of the IBG are:
- Develop principles to guide voluntary anti-botnet efforts throughout the ecosystem.
- Create a framework for understanding how participants in the ecosystem can interact with each other and their customers to address botnets.
- Establish a strategy for educating end users about the botnet threat.
- Aggregate resources to help IBG members more effectively educate and assist their customers.
- Identify techniques and metrics for measuring the extent of the botnet threat and the effectiveness of interventions.
- Industry Botnet Group, Principles for Voluntary Efforts to Reduce the Impact of Botnets in Cyberspace (full-text).