The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) was founded in 2014 to further development, adoption and widespread use of interconnected machines, intelligent analytics and people at work. Through an independently-run consortium of technology innovators, industrial companies, academia and government, the goal of the IIC is to accelerate the development and availability of intelligent industrial automation for the public good.
This goal of the consortium is to:
- Utilize existing and create new industry use cases and test beds for real-world applications;
- Deliver best practices, reference architectures, case studies, and standards requirements to ease deployment of connected technologies;
- Influence the global development standards process for internet and industrial systems;
- Facilitate open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights;
- Build confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.