|“||Today, . . . the Industrial Internet promises to transform our world yet again. The melding of the global industrial system that was made possible as a result of the Industrial Revolution, with the open computing and communication systems developed as part of the Internet Revolution, opens up new frontiers to accelerate productivity, reduce inefficiency and waste, and enhance the human work experience.||”|
The Industrial Internet brings together the advances of two transformative revolutions: the myriad machines, facilities, fleets and networks that arose from the Industrial Revolution, and the more recent powerful advances in computing, information and communication systems brought to the fore by the Internet Revolution.
Together these developments bring together three elements, which embody the essence of the Industrial Internet:
- Intelligent machines: New ways of connecting the world's myriad of machines, facilities, fleets and networks with advanced sensors, controls and software applications.
- Advanced analytics: Harnessing the power of physics-based analytics, predictive algorithms, automation and deep domain expertise in material science, electrical engineering and other key disciplines required to understand how machines and larger systems operate.
- People at work: connecting people, whether they be at work in industrial facilities, offices, hospitals or on the move, at any time to support more intelligent design, operations, maintenance as well as higher quality service and safety.
Connecting and combining these elements offers new opportunities across firms and economies.
See also Edit
- AllSeen Alliance
- Industrial Internet Consortium
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Industrial Internet of Things: Unleashing the Potential of Connected Products and Services
- Industrial Internet Revolution
- Industrial Internet Scoping Report
- Industrial Internet: Pushing the Boundaries of Minds and Machines
- Industrie 4.0
- Internet of Services
- Internet of Things
- Open Interconnect Consortium