The Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation is required by the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014 to examine
- a. the threats to the United Kingdom,
- b. the capabilities required to combat those threats,
- c. the safeguards to protect privacy,
- d. the challenges of changing technologies, and
- e. issues relating to transparency and oversight,
before reporting to the Prime Minister on the effectiveness of existing legislation relating to investigatory powers, and to examine the case for a new or amending law.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.