ISO/IEC 7816: Identification Cards — Integrated Circuit Cards (not available online).
Part 1 describes the specifications for the physical characteristics of integrated circuit cards with contacts. Part 2 defines the dimensions and location of coupling areas. Part 3 explains electronic signals and mode switching. Part 4 specifies transmission protocols between the card and the interface device (e.g., reader).
- ISO/IEC Number/ Description of Standard
- 7816-1 Physical Characteristics of the Card
- 7816-2 Dimensions and contact position of the card
- 7816-3 Electical signals and transmission protocols
- 7816-4 Interindustry command for interchange
- Government Smart Card Handbook, at 31.