The ISO/IEC 27000-series (also known as the "ISMS Family of Standards" or "ISO27k" for short) comprises information security standards published jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
The series provides best practice recommendations on information security management, risks and controls within the context of an overall information security management system (ISMS), similar in design to management systems for quality assurance (the ISO 9000 series) and environmental protection (the ISO 14000 series).
The series is deliberately broad in scope, covering more than just privacy, confidentiality and IT or technical security issues. It is applicable to organizations of all types and sizes. All organizations are encouraged to assess their information security risks, then implement appropriate information security controls according to their needs, using the guidance and suggestions where relevant.
The standards are the product of ISO/IEC JTC1 (Joint Technical Committee 1) SC27 (Sub Committee 27), an international body that meets in person twice a year.
At present, eleven of the standards in the series are published and available, while several more are still under development.
Published standards Edit
- ISO/IEC 27000 — Information security management systems — Overview and vocabulary (full-text).
- ISO/IEC 27001 — Information security management systems — Requirements
- ISO/IEC 27002:2005 — Code of practice for information security management
- ISO/IEC 27003 — Information security management system implementation guidance
- ISO/IEC 27004 — Information security management — Measurement
- ISO/IEC 27005:2011 — Information security risk management
- ISO/IEC 27006 — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of information security management systems
- ISO/IEC 27011 — Information security management guidelines for telecommunications organizations based on ISO/IEC 27002
- ISO/IEC 27031 — Guidelines for information and communications technology readiness for business continuity
- ISO/IEC 27033-1 — Network security overview and concepts
- ISO/IEC 27035 — Security incident management
- ISO 27799 — Information security management in health using ISO/IEC 27002
In preparation Edit
- ISO/IEC 27007 — Guidelines for information security management systems auditing (focused on the management system)
- ISO/IEC 27008 — Guidance for auditors on ISMS controls (focused on the information security controls)
- ISO/IEC 27013 — Guideline on the integrated implementation of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and ISO/IEC 27001
- ISO/IEC 27014 — Information security governance framework
- ISO/IEC 27015 — Information security management guidelines for the finance and insurance sectors
- ISO/IEC 27032 — Guideline for cybersecurity (essentially, 'being a good neighbor' on the Internet)
- ISO/IEC 27033 — IT network security, a multi-part standard based on ISO/IEC 18028:2006 (part 1 is published already)
- ISO/IEC 27034 — Guideline for application security
- ISO/IEC 27036 — Guidelines for security of outsourcing
- ISO/IEC 27037 — Guidelines for identification, collection and/or acquisition and preservation of digital evidence.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|