The U.K. IP Crime Group was launched in August 2004 by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) bringing together all stakeholders, including government, to drive the creation of a national strategy for tackling IP crime.
The IP Crime Group has produced guidance on various topics:
- A Supply Chain Toolkit which takes a step-by-step approach to what action should be taken if counterfeits are found within the supply chain, and guidance on how to strengthen and protect IP assets
- An online guide to tackling IP crime in the workplace
- A Proceeds of Crime Act leaflet
- An annual IP Crime Report compiled from information from trading standards, customs, police and industry about enforcement activity around the country.
- A unique search facility to help locate details of court cases involving intellectual property, known as IpCass.