Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
IP Australia is the Australian Government agency that administers intellectual property (IP) rights and legislation relating to patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights. It is a prescribed agency within the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
By granting IP rights, we help to:
- create a secure environment for investment in innovation
- enable firms to build brand value and business reputation
- encourage the disclosure of inventions and the transfer of knowledge and technology
- provide a legal framework for trading intellectual assets
It focuses on ensuring that:
- the Australian IP system meets business needs
- the international IP system meets the needs of Australians
- the people work together in an environment where they continually learn in order to succeed
- they provide their customers with quality services that meet their needs
- our operations are cost effective.