Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The High Performance Computing and Communications Initiative (HPCCI) has been the focal point of federal support for U.S. computing and communications research and development since 1989. It is "a research and development effort that seeks to significantly accelerate the availability and utilization of high performance computers and networks in order to better address these challenges."
It includes five programs:
- High Performance Computing Systems (HPCS): the development of the underlying technology required to build systems capable of sustaining trillions of operations per second on large problems;
- Advanced Software Technology and Algorithms (ASTA): the development of software technology and algorithms to address grand challenge problems;
- National Research and Education Network (NREN): the development of a national high-speed network to provide distributed computing capability to research and educational institutions; and
- Basic Research and Human Resources (BRHR): support for research by individual investigators and initiation of activities to increase the pool of trained personnel, and
- Information Infrastructure Technology and Applications (IITA).
- ↑ High-Performance Computing: Advanced Research Projects Agency Should Do More to Foster Program Goals, at 2.