Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Health information means:
- (a) information or an opinion about:
- (i) the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
- (ii) an individual's expressed wishes about the future provision of healthcare to him or her; or
- (iii) healthcare provided, or to be provided, to an individual;
that is also personal information; or
- (b) other personal information collected to provide, or in providing, healthcare; or
- (c) other personal information about an individual collected in connection with the donation, or intended donation, by the individual of his or her body parts, organs or body substances; or
- (d) genetic information about an individual in a form that is, or could be, predictive of the health of the individual or a genetic relative of the individual.
- (1) Is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, public health authority, employer, life insurer, school or university, or health care clearinghouse; and
- (2) Relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual; the provision of health care to an individual; or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual.
- ↑ Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act 2012, s 5.
- ↑ 45 C.F.R. §160.103.