Health information means:
- (a) information or an opinion about:
- (i) the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
- (ii) an individual's expressed wishes about the future provision of healthcare to him or her; or
- (iii) healthcare provided, or to be provided, to an individual;
that is also personal information; or
- (b) other personal information collected to provide, or in providing, healthcare; or
- (c) other personal information about an individual collected in connection with the donation, or intended donation, by the individual of his or her body parts, organs or body substances; or
- (d) genetic information about an individual in a form that is, or could be, predictive of the health of the individual or a genetic relative of the individual.
- (1) Is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, public health authority, employer, life insurer, school or university, or health care clearinghouse; and
- (2) Relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual; the provision of health care to an individual; or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual.
- ↑ Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act 2012, s 5.
- ↑ 45 C.F.R. §160.103.