Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Handbook sets the standards for how DHS personnel should handle PII that requires stricter handling guidelines because of the nature of the data and the increased risk to an individual if his or her data were compromised. The Handbook provided step-by-step guidance on how to identify and protect sensitive PII:
- In the office or an alternate worksite
- On a portable device, such as Blackberry or laptop
- When sent by email, fax, or other electronic transfer
- When sent by mail: external, overseas and inter-office
- When stored on a shared drive
- When an employee is on official travel
The Handbook also provided simple instructions on:
This Handbook was updated in 2012 by the Handbook for Safeguarding Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.