Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hacking (also computer hacking) is the unauthorized use of, or attempts to circumvent or bypass the security measures used by, a computer system or computer network. Hacking is one of oldest computer-related crimes.
Examples of hacking attacks include:
- Breaking the password of a password-protected website;
- Circumventing password protection on a computer;
- Exploiting a faulty hardware or software implementation to illegally obtain a password to access a [[computer system];
- Setting up spoofing websites to convince users to disclose their passwords; and
- Installing hardware- or software-based keylogging methods to record keystrokes, including any passwords used on that computer and/or device.
Historical usage Edit
"In the early years of IT development, the term 'hacking' was used to describe the attempt to get more out of a system (software or hardware) than it was designed for. Within this context, the term 'hacking' was often used to describe a constructive activity."