Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Governmental Cloud (gov-Cloud) is a cloud computing system (an infrastructure, a platform and a set of core services) which generally satisfies the following characteristics:
- A. The cloud services are private (single tenancy), community (agreed set of tenants) or public (multi tenancy) cloud to host processes and/or store data, to run eGovernment services and that can be controlled/monitored locally or in a centralised way by the public body;
- B. It provides a set of "building blocks" reusable services to create eGovernment services for public administration, citizens and private companies;
- C. It can be owned and managed by central government and/or external providers/ bodies. The central government or local bodies have the end responsibility (private or community deployment model);
- D. There is a business model that allows operating the infrastructure, the platform and the services and in a way guaranteeing efficiency and economy of scale;
- E. The infrastructure, the platform and the services are compliant with country governments and EU legislations on privacy, security and resiliency (location of the Gov-Cloud: on premises or off premises cloud).