Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Government Communications Security Committee (GCSC) is responsible for formulating and reviewing New Zealand's communications security (COMSEC) doctrine and standards. It is a sub-committee of the Officials Committee for Domestic and External Security Co-ordination (ODESC).
The GCSC is responsible to the ODESC for formulating and reviewing New Zealand's communications security (COMSEC) doctrine and standards and for advice on the measures necessary to ensure the effectiveness of COMSEC, including:
- the security of cryptographic systems, principles and procedures
- the physical security of cryptographic materials and equipment
- personnel security standards applicable to cryptographic and allied duties
- emanations security standards
- the COMSEC aspects of practices and procedures used in government communications and government information systems generally.
- Security in the Government Sector, at 1-6, 1-9.