Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This publication seeks to identify the relationship between freedom of expression and Internet privacy, assessing where they support or compete with each other in different circumstances. The book maps out the issues in the current regulatory landscape of Internet privacy from the viewpoint of freedom of expression. It provides an overview of legal protection, self-regulatory guidelines, normative challenges, and case studies relating to the topic.
The publication explores a range of issues, such as:
- threats to privacy that have developed through the Internet
- international legal standards on privacy and responses to these emerging issues
- complex intersections between the rights to privacy and freedom of expression
- UNESCO recommendations to states and corporations for better practice
- overview of literature, background material and tools on international and national policy and practice on privacy and freedom of expression on the Internet.