Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Council of Europe, Global Project on Cybercrime has proceeded in two phases:
- Phase 1 — The aim of Phase 1 was to promote broad implementation of the Convention on Cybercrime (CETS 185) and its Protocol on Xenophobia and Racism (CETS 189) and to deliver specific results in terms of legislation, criminal justice capacities and international cooperation. The project was launched in September 2006 and completed in February 2009. The final report on Phase 1 — Project on Cybercrime — Final Report (September 2006-February 2009) — was published on June 15, 2009.
- Phase 2 — Following the completion of Phase 1, Phase 2 was launched at the Octopus Interface Conference 2009 in March 2009. The project ended in December 2011. The objective was to promote broad implementation of the Convention on Cybercrime (ETS 185) and its Protocol on Xenophobia and Racism (ETS 189) and related international standards. The final report on Phase 2 — Global Project on Cybercrime (Phase 2)-Final Project Report (1 March 2009–31 December 2011) — was published on April 9, 2012.
- Phase 3 — This phase was launched in early 2012. It will operate from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2013. It will build on the more than 250 activities carried out under Phases 1 and 2 of the Global Project on Cybercrime since 2006 as well as the regional joint projects of the European Union and the Council of Europe on cybercrime (CyberCrime@IPA and Cybercrime@EAP). It will allow the continuation of the annual Octopus Conferences on cooperation against cybercrime that have been organized since 2004.
External reading Edit
- Phase 1
- Project on Cybercrime (Phase 1) (full-text).
- Phase 2
- Global Project on Cybercrime (Phase 2) (full-text).
- Phase 3
- Global Project on Cybercrime (Phase 3): Project Summary (full-text).