- Search for documents and publications — FDsys provides advanced search capabilities and the ability to refine and narrow a search for quick access to the needed information.
- Browse for documents and publications — FDsys offers browsing by collection, Congressional committee, and date.
- Access metadata about documents and publications — FDsys provides information about Government publications in standard XML formats.
- Download documents and publications in multiple renditions or file formats — With FDsys, users can download a single file or download content and metadata packaged together in a compressed file.
- A Content Management System. FDsys provides free online access to official Federal Government publications and securely controls digital content throughout its lifecycle to ensure content integrity and authenticity.
- A Preservation Repository. The repository guarantees long-term preservation and access to digital Government content. To meet this critical need for permanent access to Federal Government information, FDsys follows archival system standards.
- An Advanced Search Engine. FDsys combines modern search technology with extensive metadata creation to ensure the highest quality search experience.