The following are the GAO reports published in 2018 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Cybersecurity: Office of Federal Student Aid Should Take Additional Steps to Oversee Non-School Partners' Protection of Borrower Information (GAO-18-518) (Sept. 17, 2018).
- Electronic Health Records: Clear Definition of the Interagency Program Office's Role in VA's New Modernization Effort Would Strengthen Accountability (GAO-18-696T) (Sept. 13, 2018).
- Positive Train Control: Most Railroads Expect to Request an Extension, and Substantial Work Remains Beyond 2018 (GAO-18-692T) (Sept. 13, 2018).
- Broadband Internet: FCC's Data Overstate Access on Tribal Lands (GAO-18-630) (Sept. 7, 2018).
- High-Risk Series: Urgent Actions Are Needed to Address Cybersecurity Challenges Facing the Nation (GAO-18-622) (Sept. 6, 2018).
- Defense Infrastructure: Guidance Needed to Develop Metrics and Implement Cybersecurity Requirements for Utilities Privatization Contracts (GAO-18-558) (Sept. 4, 2018).
- 2020 Census: Continued Management Attention Needed to Address Challenges and Risks with Developing, Testing, and Securing IT Systems (GAO-18-655) (Aug. 30, 2018).
- Data Protection: Actions Taken by Equifax and Federal Agencies in Response to the 2017 Breach (GAO-18-559) (Aug. 30, 2018).
- Federal Chief Information Officers: Critical Actions Needed to Address Shortcomings and Challenges in Implementing Responsibilities (GAO-18-93) (Aug 2, 2018).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Rectify Control Deficiencies That Limit Its Effectiveness in Protecting Sensitive Financial and Taxpayer Data (GAO-18-391) (July 31, 2018).
- [[Information Security: IRS Needs to Rectify Control Deficiencies That Limit Its Effectiveness in Protecting Sensitive Financial and Taxpayer Data (GAO-18-391) (July 31, 2018)m.
- Information Security: Supply Chain Risks Affecting Federal Agencies (GAO-18-667T) (July 12, 2018).
- Information Technology: IRS Needs to Take Additional Actions to Address Significant Risks to Tax Processing (GAO-18-298) (June 28, 2018).
- Artificial Intelligence: Emerging Opportunities, Challenges, and Implications for Policy and Research (GAO-18-644T) (June 26, 2018).
- Bank Secrecy Act: Further Actions Needed to Address Domestic and International Derisking Concerns (GAO-18-642T) (June 26, 2018).
- VA IT Modernization: Preparations for Transitioning to a New Electronic Health Record System Are Ongoing (GAO-18-636T) (June 26, 2018).
- Freedom of Information Act: Agencies Are Implementing Requirements but Additional Actions Are Needed (GAO-18-365) (June 25, 2018).
- Federal Research: Additional Actions Needed to Improve Licensing of Patented Laboratory Inventions (GAO-18-327) (June 19, 2018).
- Cybersecurity Workforce: Agencies Need to Improve Baseline Assessments and Procedures for Coding Positions (GAO-18-466) (June 14, 2018).
- Emergency Communications: Increased Regional Collaboration Could Enhance Capabilities (GAO-18-379) (Apr. 26, 2018).
- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems: FAA Should Improve Its Management of Safety Risks (GAO-18-110) (May 24, 2018).
- DOD Major Automated Information Systems: Adherence to Best Practices Is Needed to Better Manage and Oversee Business Programs (GAO-18-326) (May 24, 2018).
- Data Center Optimization: Continued Agency Actions Needed to Meet Goals and Address Prior Recommendations (GAO-18-264) (May 23, 2018).
- Information Technology: Continued Implementation of High-Risk Recommendations Is Needed to Better Manage Acquisitions Operations and Cybersecurity (GAO-18-566T) (May 23, 2018).
- NASA Information Technology: Urgent Action Needed to Address Significant Management and Cybersecurity Weaknesses (GAO-18-337) (May 22, 2018).
- Protecting Classified Information: Defense Security Service Should Address Challenges as New Approach Is Piloted (GAO-18-407) (May 14, 2018).
- Cybersecurity: DHS Needs to Enhance Efforts to Improve and Promote the Security of Federal and Private-Sector Networks (GAO-18-520T) (Apr. 24, 2018).
- Management Report: Areas for Improvement in the Federal Reserve Banks' Information System Controls (GAO-18-334R) (Apr. 5, 2018).
- Technology Assessment: Artificial Intelligence: Emerging Opportunities, Challenges, and Implications (GAO-18-142SP) (Mar. 28, 2018).
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education: Actions Needed to Better Assess the Federal Investment (GAO-18-290) (Mar. 23, 2018).
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: Observations on the Covered Business Method Patent Review Program (GAO-18-451) (Mar. 20, 2018).
- Border Security: Progress and Challenges with the Use of Technology, Tactical Infrastructure, and Personnel to Secure the Southwest Border (GAO-18-397T) (Mar. 15, 2018).
- Customs and Border Protection: Automated Trade Data System Yields Benefits but Interagency Management Approach Is Needed (GAO-18-271) (Mar. 14, 2018).
- Information Technology: Further Implementation of Recommendations Is Needed to Better Manage Acquisitions and Operations (GAO-18-460T) (Mar. 14, 2018).
- Freedom of Information Act: Agencies Are Implementing Requirements but Need to Take Additional Actions (GAO-18-452T) (Mar. 13, 2018).
- Freedom of Information Act: Federal Court Decisions Have Not Required the Office of Special Counsel to Initiate Disciplinary Actions for the Improper Withholding of Records (GAO-18-235R) (Mar. 13, 2018).
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: Assessment of the Covered Business Method Patent Review Program (GAO-18-320) (Mar. 12, 2018).
- Cybersecurity Workforce: DHS Needs to Take Urgent Action to Identify Its Position and Critical Skill Requirements (GAO-18-430T) (March 7, 2018).
- Electronic Health Information: CMS Oversight of Medicare Beneficiary Data Security Needs Improvement (GAO-18-210) (Mar. 6, 2018).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Additional Actions Are Essential for Assessing Cybersecurity Framework Adoption (GAO-18-211) (Feb. 15, 2018).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Electricity Suppliers Have Taken Actions to Address Electromagnetic Risks, and Additional Research Is Ongoing (GAO-18-67) (Feb. 7, 2018).
- Cybersecurity Workforce: Urgent Need for DHS to Take Actions to Identify Its Position and Critical Skill Requirements (GAO-18-175) (Feb. 6, 2018).
- Next Generation 911: National 911 Program Could Strengthen Efforts to Assist States (GAO-18-252) (Jan. 31, 2018).
- Small Business Research Programs: Agencies Need to Take Steps to Assess Progress Toward Commercializing Technologies (GAO-18-207) (Jan. 31, 2018).
- Coast Guard Health Records: Timely Acquisition of New System Is Critical to Overcoming Challenges with Paper Process (GAO-18-363T) (Jan. 30, 2018).
- Federal Buildings: GSA Should Establish Goals and Performance Measures to Manage the Smart Buildings Program (GAO-18-200) (Jan. 30, 2018).
- Homeland Defense: Urgent Need for DOD and FAA to Address Risks and Improve Planning for Technology That Tracks Military Aircraft (GAO-18-177) (Jan. 18, 2018).
- VA Health IT Modernization: Historical Perspective on Prior Contracts and Update on Plans for New Initiative (GAO-18-208) (Jan. 18, 2018).
- Information Technology: Agencies Need to Involve Chief Information Officers in Reviewing Billions of Dollars in Acquisitions (GAO-18-42) (Jan. 10, 2018).
Other GAO Reports Edit
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017