The following are the GAO reports published in 2017 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- 2020 Census: Continued Management Attention Needed to Oversee Innovations, Develop and Secure IT Systems, and Improve Cost Estimation (GAO-18-141T) (Oct. 12, 2017).
- FIRSTNET: Efforts to Establish the Public-Safety Broadband Network (GAO-18-187T) (Oct. 12, 2017).
- Information Technology: Management Attention Is Needed to Successfully Modernize Tax Processing Systems (GAO-18-153T) (Oct. 4, 2017).
- Video Proggramming: FCC Should Conduct Additional Analysis to Evaluate Need for Set-Top Box Regulation (GAO-17-785) (Sept. 29, 2017).
- Federal Information Security: Weaknesses Continue to Indicate Need for Effective Implementation of Policies and Practices (GAO-17-549) (Sept. 28, 2017).
- Telecommunications: Agencies Need to Apply Transition Planning Practices to Reduce Potential Delays and Added Costs (GAO-17-464) (Sept. 21, 2017).
- Broadband: Additional Stakeholder Input Could Inform FCC Actions to Promote Competition (GAO-17-742) (Sept. 19, 2017).
- Telecommunications: Additional Action Needed to Mitigate Significant Risks in FCC's Lifeline Program (GAO-17-805T) (Sept. 14, 2017).
- Telecommunications: FCC Updated Its Enforcement Program, but Improved Transparency Is Needed (GAO-17-727) (Sept. 14, 2017).
- International Mail Security: CBP and USPS Should Assess Costs and Benefits of Using Electronic Advance Data (GAO-17-796T) (Sept. 7, 2017).
- Information Technology Modernization: Corporation for National and Community Service Needs to Develop a System That Supports Grant Monitoring (GAO-17-267) (Aug. 17, 2017).
- Nuclear, Command, Control, and Communications: Update on Air Force Oversight Effort and Selected Acquisition Programs (GAO-17-641R) (Aug. 15, 2017).
- Information Security: OPM Has Improved Controls, but Further Efforts Are Needed (GAO-17-614) (Aug. 3, 2017).
- Defense Cybersecurity: DOD's Monitoring of Progress in Implementing Cyber Strategies Can Be Strengthened (GAO-17-512) (Aug. 1, 2017).
- Vehicle Data Privacy: Industry and Federal Efforts Under Way but NHTSA Needs to Define Its Role (GAO-17-656) (July 28, 2017).
- Internet of Things: Communities Deploy Projects by Combining Federal Support with Other Funds and Expertise (GAO-17-570) (July 26, 2017).
- Information Security: Control Deficiencies Continue to Limit IRS's Effectiveness in Protecting Sensitive Financial and Taxpayer Data (GAO-17-395) (July 26, 2017).
- Highlights of a Forum: Combating Synthetic Identity Fraud (GAO-17-708SP) (July 26, 2017).
- Telehealth: Use in Medicare and Medicaid (GAO-17-760T) (July 20, 2017).
- Information Technology: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Needs to Strengthen Its Strategic Planning and Oversight to Modernize Legacy Systems (GAO-17-488) (July 13, 2017).
- Defense Science and Technology: Adopting Best Practices Can Improve Innovation Investments and Management (GAO-17-499) (June 29, 2017).
- VA Information Technology: Pharmacy System Needs Additional Capabilities for Viewing, Exchanging, and Using Data to Better Serve Veterans (GAO-17-179) (June 14, 2017).
- Information Security: FDIC Needs to Improve Controls over Financial Systems and Information (GAO-17-436) (May 31, 2017).
- Telecommunications: Additional Action Needed to Address Significant Risks in FCC's Lifeline Program (GAO-17-538) (May 30, 2017).
- Social Security Numbers: OMB and Federal Efforts to Reduce Collection, Use, and Display (GAO-17-655T) (May 23, 2017).
- Homeland Security: Progress Made to Implement IT Reform, but Additional Chief Information Officer Involvement Needed (GAO-17-284) (May 18, 2017).
- Management Report: Areas for Improvement in the Federal Reserve Banks' Information Systems Controls (GAO-17-537R) (May 18, 2017).
- Data Center Optimization: Agencies Need to Complete Plans to Address Inconsistencies in Reported Savings (GAO-17-388) (May 18, 2017).
- Presidential Authority to Permit Access to National Security Information (CRS Legal Sidebar) (May 17, 2017).
- Technology Assessment: Internet of Things: Status and Implications of an Increasingly Connected World (GAO-17-75) (May 15, 2017).
- 2020 Census: Sustained Attention to Innovations, IT Systems, and Cost Estimation Is Needed (GAO-17-584T) (May 3, 2017).
- DATA ACT: As Reporting Deadline Nears, Challenges Remain That Will Affect Data Quality (GAO-17-496) (Apr. 28, 2017).
- DATA ACT: Office of Inspector General Reports Help Identify Agencies' Implementation Challenges (GAO-17-460) (Apr. 26, 2017).
- Financial Technology: Information on Subsectors and Regulatory Oversight (GAO-17-361) (Apr. 19, 2017).
- Health Care: Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring Use in Medicare and Selected Federal Programs (GAO-17-365) (Apr. 14, 2017).
- Rural Broadband Deployment: Improved Consistency with Leading Practices Could Enhance Management of Loan and Grant Programs (GAO-17-301) (Apr. 13, 2017).
- Information Technology: Opportunities for Improving Acquisitions and Operations (GAO-17-251SP) (Apr. 11, 2017).
- Advanced Manufacturing: Commerce Could Strengthen Collaboration with Other Agencies on Innovation Institutes (GAO-17-320) (Apr. 6, 2017).
- Highlights of a Forum: Data Analytics to Address Fraud and Improper Payments (GAO-17-339SP) (Mar. 31, 2017).
- DOD Major Automated Information Systems: Improvements Can Be Made in Applying Leading Practices for Managing Risk and Testing (GAO-17-322) (Mar. 30, 2017).
- Identity Theft Services: Services Offer Some Benefits but Are Limited in Preventing Fraud (GAO-17-254) (Mar. 30, 2017).
- Information Security: DHS Needs to Continue to Advance Initiatives to Protect Federal Systems (GAO-17-518T) (Mar. 28, 2017).
- Information Technology: Implementation of IT Reform Law and Related Initiatives Can Help Improve Acquisitions (GAO-17-494T) (Mar. 28, 2017).
- Face Recognition Technology: DOJ and FBI Need to Take Additional Actions to Ensure Privacy and Accuracy (GAO-17-489T) (Mar. 22, 2017).
- Health Information Technology: HHS Should Assess the Effectiveness of Its Efforts to Enhance Patient Access to and Use of Electronic Health Information (GAO-17-305) (Mar. 15, 2017).
- Federal Telework: Additional Controls Could Strengthen Telework Program Compliance and Data Reporting (GAO-17-247) (Feb. 17, 2017).
- Border Security: Additional Actions Needed to Strengthen Collection of Unmanned Aerial Systems and Aerostats Data (GAO-17-152) (Feb. 16, 2017).
- Cybersecurity: Actions Needed to Strengthen U.S. Capabilities (GAO-17-440T) (Feb. 14, 2017).
- Information Technology: HUD Needs to Address Significant Weaknesses in Its Cost Estimating Practices (GAO-17-281) (Feb. 7, 2017).
- Veterans Affairs Information Technology: Management Attention Needed to Improve Critical System Modernizations, Consolidate Data Centers, and Retire Legacy Systems (GAO-17-408T) (Feb. 7, 2017).
- Cybersecurity: DHS's National Integration Center Generally Performs Required Functions but Needs to Evaluate Its Activities More Completely (GAO-17-163) (Feb. 1, 2017).
- Unmanned Aerial Systems: Air Force and Army Should Improve Strategic Human Capital Planning for Pilot Workforces (GAO-17-53) (Jan. 31, 2017).
- 2020 Census: Additional Actions Could Strengthen Field Data Collection Efforts (GAO-17-191A) (Jan. 26, 2017).
- Electricity: Federal Efforts to Enhance Grid Resilience (GAO-17-153) (Jan 25, 2017).
Other GAO Reports Edit
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016