The following are the GAO reports published in 2015 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Information Quality Act: Actions Needed to Improve Transparency and Reporting of Correction Requests (GAO-16-110) (Dec. 21, 2015).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Measures Needed to Assess Agencies' Promotion of the Cybersecurity Framework (GAO-16-152) (Dec. 17, 2015).
- Information Technology: FDA Has Taken Steps to Address Challenges but Needs a Comprehensive Strategic Plan (GAO-16-182) (Dec. 17, 2015).
- Internet Protocol Transition: FCC Should Strengthen Its Data Collection Efforts to Assess the Transition's Effects (GAO-16-167) (Dec. 16, 2015).
- Environmental Satellites: Launch Delayed; NOAA Faces Key Decisions on Timing of Future Satellites (GAO-16-143T) (Dec. 10, 2015).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Sector-Specific Agencies Need to Better Measure Cybersecurity Progress (GAO-16-79) (Nov. 19, 2015).
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency: Key Factors Drive Transition of Technologies, but Better Training and Data Dissemination Can Increase Success (GAO-16-5) (Nov. 18, 2015).
- DOD Inventory of Contracted Services: Actions Needed to Help Ensure Inventory Data Are Complete and Accurate (GAO-16-46) (Nov. 18, 2015).
- Information Security: Department of Education and Other Federal Agencies Need to Better Implement Controls (GAO-16-228) (Nov. 17, 2015).
- Information Security: Federal Agencies Need to Better Protect Sensitive Data (GAO-16-194T) (Nov. 17, 2015).
- Information Technology: Implementation of Reform Legislation Needed to Improve Acquisitions and Operations (GAO-16-204T) (Nov. 4, 2015).
- 2020 Census: Key Information Technology Decisions Must Be Made Soon (GAO-16-205T) (Nov. 3, 2015).
- Electronic Health Records: VA and DOD Need to Establish Goals and Metrics for Their Interoperability Efforts (GAO-16-184T) (Oct. 27, 2015).
- Biosurveillance: DHS Should Not Pursue BioWatch Upgrades or Enhancements Until System Capabilities Are Established (GAO-16-99) (Oct. 23, 2015).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Cybersecurity of the Nation's Electricity Grid Requires Continued Attention (GAO-16-174T) (Oct. 21, 2015).
- Defense Additive Manufacturing: DOD Needs to Systematically Track Department-wide 3D Printing Efforts (GAO-16-56) (Oct. 14, 2015).
- Maritime Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Needs to Better Address Port Cybersecurity (GAO-16-116T) (Oct. 8, 2015).
- Federal Information Security: Agencies Need to Correct Weaknesses and Fully Implement Security Programs (GAO-15-714) (Sept. 29, 2015).
- Biosurveillance: Challenges and Options for the National Biosurveillance Integration Center (GAO-15-793) (Sept. 24, 2015).
- Defense Cybersecurity: Opportunities Exist for DOD to Share Cybersecurity Resources with Small Businesses (GAO-15-777) (Sept. 24, 2015).
- Strategic Sourcing: Opportunities Exist to Better Manage Information Technology Services Spending (GAO-15-549) (Sept. 22, 2015).
- Electronic Health Records: Nonfederal Efforts to Help Achieve Health Information Interoperability (GAO-15-817) (Sept. 16, 2015).
- Confidential Informants: Updates to Policy and Additional Guidance Would Improve Oversight by DOJ and DHS Agencies (GAO-15-807) (Sept. 15, 2015).
- Information Technology Reform: Billions of Dollars in Savings Have Been Realized, but Agencies Need to Complete Reinvestment Plans (GAO-15-617) (Sept. 15, 2015).
- Intelligent Transportation Systems: Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Technologies Expected to Offer Benefits, but Deployment Challenges Exist (GAO-15-775) (Sept. 15, 2015).
- GPS: Actions Needed to Address Ground System Development Problems and User Equipment Production Readiness (GAO-15-657) (Sept. 9, 2015).
- Internet Management: Structured Evaluation Could Help Assess Proposed Transition of Key Domain Name and Other Technical Functions (GAO-15-642) (Aug. 19, 2015).
- Electronic Health Records: Outcome-Oriented Metrics and Goals Needed to Gauge DOD's and VA's Progress in Achieving Interoperability (GAO-15-530) (Aug. 13, 2015).
- Facial Recognition Technology: Commercial Uses, Privacy Issues, and Applicable Federal Law (GAO-15-621) (July 30, 2015).
- DATA ACT: Progress Made in Initial Implementation but Challenges Must be Addressed as Efforts Proceed (GAO-15-752T) (July 29, 2015).
- Next-Generation Air Transportation System: Improved Risk Analysis Could Strengthen FAA's Global Interoperability Efforts (GAO-15-608) (July 29, 2015).
- Defense Infrastructrure: Improvements in DOD Reporting and Cybersecurity Implementation Needed to Enhance Utility Resilience Planning (GAO-15-749) (July 23, 2015).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Preliminary Observations on DHS Efforts to Address Electromagnetic Threats to the Electric Grid (GAO-15-692T) (July 22, 2015).
- Defense Satellite Communications: DOD Needs Additional Information to Improve Procurements (GAO-15-459) (July 17, 2015).
- Unmanned Aerial Systems: FAA Continues Progress toward Integration into the National Airspace (GAO-15-610) (July 16, 2015).
- Information Security: Cyber Threats and Data Breaches Illustrate Need for Stronger Controls across Federal Agencies (GAO-15-758T) (July 8, 2015).
- Cybersecurity: Bank and Other Depository Regulators Need Better Data Analytics and Depository Institutions Want More Usable Threat Information (GAO-15-509) (July 2, 2015).
- Cybersecurity: Recent Data Breaches Illustrate Need for Strong Controls across Federal Agencies (GAO-15-725T) (June 24, 2015).
- DHS IT Contracting: Steps Taken to Enhance EAGLE II Small Business Opportunities, but Better Assessment Data Needed (GAO-15-551) (June 24, 2015).
- 3D Printing: Opportunities, Challenges, and Policy Implications of Additive Manufacturing (GAO-15-505SP) (June 24, 2015).
- Information Technology: Additional Actions and Oversight Urgently Needed to Reduce Waste and Improve Performance in Acquisitions and Operations (GAO-15-675T) (June 10, 2015).
- Broadband: Intended Outcomes and Effectiveness of Efforts to Address Adoption Barriers Are Unclear (GAO-15-473) (June 2, 2015).
- Insider Threats: DOD Should Strengthen Management and Guidance to Protect Classified Information and Systems (GAO-15-544) (June 2, 2015).
- Telecommunications: FCC Should Evaluate the Efficiency and Effectiveness of the Lifeline Program (GAO-15-638T) (June 2, 2015).
- Telecommunications: Agencies Need Better Controls to Achieve Significant Savings on Mobile Devices and Services (GAO-15-431) (May 21, 2015).
- Information Management: Additional Actions Are Needed to Meet Requirements of the Managing Government Records Directive (GAO-15-339) (May 14, 2015).
- Unmanned Aerial Systems: Actions Needed to Improve DOD Pilot Training (GAO-15-461) (May 14, 2015).
- Unmanned Carrier-Based Aircraft System: Navy Needs to Demonstrate Match between Its Requirements and Available Resources (GAO-15-374) (May 4, 2015).
- Telecommunications Relay Service: FCC Should Strengthen Its Management of Program to Assist Persons with Hearing or Speech Disabilities (GAO-15-409) (Apr. 29, 2015).
- Public-Safety Broadband Network: FirstNet Should Strengthen Internal Controls and Evaluate Lessons Learned (GAO-15-407) (Apr. 28, 2015).
- Government Operations Facility Security: Federal Protective Service's and Selected Federal Tenants' Sharing of and Response to Incident Information (GAO-15-406R) (Apr. 27, 2015).
- Cybersecurity: Actions Needed to Address Challenges Facing Federal Systems (GAO-15-573T) (Apr. 22, 2015).
- Broadband Performance: Additional Actions Could Help FCC Evaluate Its Efforts to Inform Consumers (GAO-15-363) (Apr. 17, 2015).
- Information Technology: Additional OMB and Agency Actions Needed to Ensure Portfolio Savings Are Realized and Effectively Tracked (GAO-15-296) (Apr. 16, 2015).
- Air Traffic Control: FAA Needs a More Comprehensive Approach to Address Cybersecurity As Agency Transitions to NextGen (GAO-15-370) (Apr. 14, 2015).
- Broadcast Exclusivity Rules: Effects of Elimination Would Depend on Other Federal Actions and Industry Response (GAO-15-441) (Apr. 14, 2015).
- Forest Restoration: Adjusting Agencies' Information-Sharing Strategies Could Benefit Landscape-Scale Projects (GAO-15-398) (Apr. 9, 2015).
- Information Security: FDIC Implemented Many Controls Over Financial Systems, But Opportunities for Improvement Remain z9GAO-15-426) (Apr. 9, 2015).
- Information Security: FDIC Implemented Many Controls Over Financial Systems, But Opportunities for Improvement Remain (GAO-15-426) (Apr. 9, 2015).
- Management Report: Areas for Improvement in the Federal Reserve Banks' Information Systems Controls (GAO-15-413R) (Apr. 6, 2015).
- Federal Chief Information Officers: Reporting to OMB Can Be Improved by Further Streamlining and Better Focusing on Priorities (GAO-15-106) (Apr. 2, 2015).
- Information Technology: Copyright Office Needs To Develop Plans that Address Technical and Organizational Challenges (GAO-15-338) (Mar. 31, 2015).
- Library of Congress: Strong Leadership Needed to Address Serious Information Technology Management Weaknesses (GAO-15-315) (Mar. 31, 2015).
- Medicare: Potential Uses of Electronically Readable Cards for Beneficiaries and Providers (GAO-15-319) (Mar. 25, 2015).
- Transportation: Unmanned Aerial Systems: Status of Test Sites and International Developments (GAO-15-486T) (Mar. 24, 2015).
- Telecommunications: FCC Should Evaluate the Efficiency and Effectiveness of the Lifeline Program (GAO-15-335 (Mar. 24, 2015).
- Homeland Security: Border Security: Additional Efforts Needed to Address Persistent Challenges in Achieving Radio Interoperability (GAO-15-201) (Mar. 23, 2015).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Continue Improving Controls Over Financial and Taxpayer Data (GAO-15-337) (Mar. 19, 2015).
- Geospatial Data: Progress Needed on Identifying Expenditures, Building and Utilizing a Data Infrastructure, and Reducing Duplicative Efforts (GAO-15-193) (Mar. 19, 2015).
- Public Safety Communications: Preliminary Information on FirstNet's Efforts to Establish a Nationwide Broadband Network (GAO-15-380T) (Mar. 11, 2015).
- Healthcare.gov: CMS Has Taken Steps to Address Problems, but Needs to Further Implement Systems Development Best Practices (GAO-15-238) (Mar. 4, 2015).
- Comparative Effectiveness Research: HHS Needs to Strengthen Dissemination and Data-Capacity-Building Efforts (GAO-15-280) (Mar. 3, 2015).
- Defense Major Automated Information Systems: Cost and Schedule Commitments Need to Be Established Earlier (GAO-15-282) (Feb. 26, 2015).
- Information Technology: Management Needs to Address Reporting of IRS Investments' Cost, Schedule, and Scope Information (GAO-15-297) (Feb. 25, 2015).
- GAO's 2015 High-Risk Series: An Update (1) (GAO-15-373T) (Feb. 11, 2015).
- GAO's 2015 High-Risk Series: An Update (2) (GAO-15-371T) (Feb. 11, 2015).
- High-Risk Series: An Update (GAO-15-290) (Feb. 11, 2015).
- Land-Use Agreements: Improved Data Reliability and Monitoring Needed for Department of Veterans Affairs (GAO-15-134T) (Feb. 10, 2015).
- Critical Technologies: Agency Initiatives Address Some Weaknesses, but Additional Interagency Collaboration Is Needed (GAO-15-288) (Feb. 10, 2015).
- 2020 Census: Key Challenges Need to Be Addressed to Successfully Enable Internet Response (GAO-15-225) (Feb. 5, 2015).
- Medicaid Information Technology: CMS Supports Use of Program Integrity Systems but Should Require States to Determine Effectiveness (GAO-15-207) (Jan. 30, 2015).
- Federal Research: DOE Is Addressing Invention Disclosure and Other Challenges but Needs a Plan to Guide Data Management Improvements (GAO-15-212) (Jan. 30, 2015).
- Information Security: FAA Needs to Address Weaknesses in Air Traffic Control Systems (GAO-15-221) (Jan. 29, 2015).
- Identity and Tax Fraud: Enhanced Authentication Could Combat Refund Fraud, but IRS Lacks an Estimate of Costs, Benefits and Risks (GAO-15-119) (Jan. 20, 2015).
Other GAO Reports Edit
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2016 • 2017