The following are the GAO reports published in 2011 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those Reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Taxpayer Privacy: A Guide for Screening and Assessing Proposals to Disclose Confidential Tax Information to Specific Parties for Specific Purposes (GAO-12-231SP) (Dec. 14, 2011).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Cybersecurity Guidance Is Available, but More Can Be Done to Promote Its Use (GAO-12-92) (Dec. 9, 2011).
- Cybersecurity Human Capital: Initiatives Need Better Planning and Coordination (GAO-12-8) (Nov. 29, 2011).
- IT Dashboard: Accuracy Has Improved, and Additional Efforts Are Under Way to Better Inform Decision Making (GAO-12-210) (Nov 7, 2011).
- Biosurveillance: Nonfederal Capabilities Should Be Considered in Creating a National Biosurveillance Strategy (GAO-12-55) (Oct. 31, 2011).
- Information Technology: Critical Factors Underlying Successful Major Acquisitions (GAO-12-7) (Oct. 21, 2011).
- Federal Chief Information Officers: Opportunities Exist to Improve Role in Information Technology Management (GAO-11-634) (October 17, 2011).
- Information Sharing: Progress Made and Challenges Remaining in Sharing Terrorism-Related Information (GAO-12-144T) (Oct. 12, 2011).
- Information Security: Additional Guidance Needed to Address Cloud Computing Concerns (GAO-12-130T) (Oct 6, 2011).
- E-Filing Tax Returns: Penalty Authority and Digitizing More Paper Return Data Could Increase Benefits (GAO-12-33) (Oct. 5, 2011).
- Information Security: Weaknesses Continue Amid New Federal Efforts to Implement Requirements (GAO-12-137) (Oct. 3, 2011).
- Quadrennial Homeland Security Review: Enhanced Stakeholder Consultation and Use of Risk Information Could Strengthen Future Reviews (GAO-11-873) (Sept. 2011).
- Information Technology: OMB Needs to Improve Its Guidance on IT Investments (GAO-11-826) (Sept 29, 2011).
- Electronic Government: Performance Measures for Projects Aimed at Promoting Innovation and Transparency Can Be Improved (GAO-11-775) (Sept. 23, 2011).
- Personal ID Verification: Agencies Should Set a Higher Priority on Using the Capabilities of Standardized Identification Cards (GAO-11-751) (Sept. 20, 2011).
- Federal Chief Information Officers: Opportunities Exist to Improve Role in Information Technology Management (GAO-11-634) (Sept. 15, 2011).
- Telecommunications: Enhanced Data Collection and Analysis Could Inform FCC's Efforts to Complete the Digital Transition of Low-Power Television Stations and Reallocate Spectrum (GAO-11-790) (Sept. 7, 2011).
- Data Mining: DHS Needs to Improve Executive Oversight of Systems Supporting Counterterrorism (GAO-11-742) (Sept. 7, 2011).
- Federal Chief Information Officers: Opportunities Exist to Improve Role in Information Technology Management (GAO-11-634) (Sept. 2011).
- Information Security: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Has Made Progress, but Further Actions Are Needed to Protect Financial Data (GAO-11-708) (Aug. 12, 2011).
- Defense Department Cyber Efforts: Definitions, Focal Point, and Methodology Needed for DOD to Develop Full-Spectrum Cyberspace Budget Estimates (GAO-11-695R) (July 29, 2011).
- Information Technology: DHS Needs to Improve Its Independent Acquisition Reviews (GAO-11-581) (July 28, 2011).
- Cybersecurity: Continued Attention Needed to Protect Our Nation's Critical Infrastructure (GAO-11-865T) (July 26, 2011).
- Defense Department Cyber Efforts: DOD Faces Challenges In Its Cyber Activities (GAO-11-75) (July 25, 2011).
- Agencies Need Coordinated Guidance on Incorporating Telework into Emergency and Continuity Planning (GAO-11-628) (July 22, 2011).
- Information Sharing Environment: Better Road Map Needed to Guide Implementation and Investments (GAO-11-455) (July 21, 2011).
- USDA Systems Modernization: Management and Oversight Improvements Are Needed (GAO-11-586) (July 20, 2011).
- Data Center Consolidation: Agencies Need to Complete Inventories and Plans to Achieve Expected Savings (GAO-11-565) (July 19, 2011).
- Information Security: State Has Taken Steps to Implement a Continuous Monitoring Application, but Key Challenges Remain (GAO-11-149) (July 8, 2011).
- Data Center Consolidation: Agencies Need to Complete Inventories and Plans to Achieve Expected Savings (GAO-11-565) (July 2011).
- Social Media: Federal Agencies Need Policies and Procedures for Managing and Protecting Information They Access and Disseminate (GAO-11-605) (June 28, 2011).
- Taxes and Identity Theft: Status of IRS Initiatives to Help Victimized Taxpayers (GAO-11-721T) (June 2, 2011).
- Defense Acquisition: DOD Should Clarify Requirements for Assessing and Documenting Technical-Data Needs (GAO-11-469) (May 2011).
- Taxes and Identity Theft: Status of IRS Initiatives to Help Victimized Taxpayers (GAO-11-674T) (May 25, 2011).
- Defense Department Cyber Efforts: More Detailed Guidance Needed to Ensure Military Services Develop Appropriate Cyberspace Capabilities (GAO-11-421) (May 20, 2011).
- Space Acquisitions: DOD Delivering New Generations of Satellites, but Space System Acquisition Challenges Remain (GAO-11-590T) (May 11, 2011).
- Information Technology: Department of Veterans Affairs Faces Ongoing Management Challenges (GAO-11-663T) (May 11, 2011).
- Spectrum Management: NTIA Planning and Processes Need Strengthening to Promote the Efficient Use of Spectrum by Federal Agencies (GAO-11-352) (Apr. 12, 2011).
- Defense Biometrics: DOD Can Better Conform to Standards and Share Biometric Information with Federal Agencies (GAO-11-276) (Mar. 31, 2011).
- Information Technology: Investment Oversight and Management Have Improved but Continued Attention Is Needed (GAO-11-454T) (Mar. 17, 2011).
- Cybersecurity: Continued Attention Needed to Protect Our Nation's Critical Infrastructure and Federal Information Systems (GAO-11-463T) (Mar. 16, 2011).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Enhance Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and Taxpayer Data (GAO-11-308) (Mar. 15, 2011).
- Information Technology: OMB Has Made Improvements to Its Dashboard, but Further Work Is Needed by Agencies and OMB to Ensure Data Accuracy (GAO-11-262) (Mar. 15, 2011).
- Combating Child Pornography: Steps Are Needed to Ensure That Tips to Law Enforcement Are Useful and Forensic Examinations Are Cost Effective (GAO-11-334) (Mar. 2011).
- Electronic Prescribing: CMS Should Address Inconsistencies in Its Two Incentive Programs That Encourage the Use of Health Information Technology (GAO-11-159) (Feb. 2011).
- Electricity Grid Modernization: Progress Being Made on Cybersecurity Guidelines, but Key Challenges Remain to be Addressed (GAO-11-117) (Jan. 12, 2011).
- Electronic Records Archive: National Archives Needs to Strengthen Its Capacity to Use Earned Value Techniques to Manage and Oversee Development (GAO-11-86) (Jan. 2011).
Other GAO Reports Edit
The following entries list GAO Reports in reverse chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016