The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems/Fraunhofer-Institut für Offene Kommunikationssysteme (FOKUS) is researching and developing demand-orientated solutions for partners in industry, research and public administration in the fields of
- communication technologies and services and their interoperability
- architectures and protocols of future communication networks and platforms
- interactive technologies for individual and community applications
- integration of processes and IT systems in eGovernment
- methods for automating and optimizing software and system development in the fields of telecommunication and automotive engineering
- measuring and testing of distributed telecommunication and software systems.