The U.S. Secret Services' Forensic Investigative Response and Support Team (FIRST) consists of a group of technical and forensic experts, including agents from the Electronic Crimes Special Agent Program (ECSAP), who are available to respond to requests from any law enforcement agency within the United States to perform forensic and technical examinations.
Forensic and technical services provided include, among others, access to the following:
- The Forensic Information System for Handwriting database, which allows material to be searched against previously recorded writings.
- FBI’s Automated Fingerprint Identification System, a nationwide network with access to the largest collection of automated fingerprint databases in the United States.
- Polygraph examinations to help detect deception.
- Visual information services, such as image enhancement, age progression and regression, video and audio enhancement, and graphic and photographic support.
- Crime scene, document, and other forensic examinations.