Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A false match
- is "[t]he comparison decision of 'match' for a recognition biometric sample and a biometric reference that are not from the same source.
- "is the incorrect matching of one individual's biometric identifier information to another individual's biometric identifier information by a biometric identifier system.
"False matches may occur because there is a high degree of similarity between two individuals’ characteristics."
|“||In verification and positive identification systems, unauthorized people can be granted access to facilities or resources as the result of incorrect matches. In a negative identification system, the result of a false match may be to deny access. For example, if a new applicant to a public benefits program is falsely matched with a person previously enrolled in that program under another identity, the applicant may be denied access to benefits.||”|
- ↑ Information Security: Challenges in Using Biometrics, at 10.
- ↑ Biometrics Identity Management Agency, Biometrics Glossary, at 26 (Ver. 5) (Oct. 2010) (full-text).
- ↑ 49 U.S.C. § 44903(h)(7)(D).
- ↑ Biometric Technologies: Security, Legal, and Policy Implications, at 5 n.4.
- ↑ Id.
- ↑ Id.