- The fundamentals of intelligence operations.
- The intelligence warfighting function.
- The intelligence process.
- MI roles and functions within the context of Army operations.
- Intelligence in unified action.
- Intelligence considerations in strategic readiness.
- The intelligence disciplines.
This field manual (FM) provides MI guidance for commanders, staffs, trainers, and MI personnel at all echelons. It forms the foundation for MI and intelligence warfighting function doctrine development. It also serves as a reference for personnel who are developing doctrine; tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP); materiel and force structure; and institutional and unit training for intelligence operations.