The White House, Executive Order 13392, Improving Agency Disclosure of Information (Dec. 14, 2005) (full-text).
- designate a Chief FOIA Officer at the Assistant Secretary level or equivalent;
- establish agency FOIA Service Centers to enable a FOIA requester to seek information concerning the status of a FOIA request and appropriate information about the agency's FOIA response;
- designate one or more FOIA Public Liaisons (FOIA Public Liaisons will serve as supervisory officials to whom a FOIA requester can raise concerns about the service the FOIA requester has received from the FOIA Service Center, following an initial response from the Center staff);
- conduct a review of the agency's FOIA operations and draft a plan for improvement with concrete milestones for fiscal year (FY) 2006 and FY 2007; and
- include, in its annual FOIA report to the Department of Justice for FY 2006 and FY 2007, information on the agency's performance in meeting the milestones of its FOIA improvement plan.