Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The President issued Executive Order 12931, Federal Procurement Reform, on October 13, 1994, “to ensure effective and efficient spending of public funds through fundamental reforms in Government procurement.” Among its provisions, this order requires agencies to:
- Ensure that procurement organizations set goals, measure results, and meet customer needs.
- Designate an agency procurement executive to oversee the development of procurement goals and guidelines, measure and evaluate performance against goals, and enhance the career development of the acquisition workforce.
- Provide Government purchase cards to users to take advantage of FASA’s micro-purchase authority.
- Use simplified acquisition procedures, when applicable.
- Buy commercial products, emphasize contractors’ past performance, and promote best value.
- Replace rules, reporting requirements, certifications, and other administrative practices that are not required by statute with guiding principles that reward innovation.