An enhanced reliability check involves the following:
- Verification of personal data, educational or professional qualifications, and employment data and references.
- An optional declaration concerning any conviction for a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted.
- A check of criminal records, except for current federal government employees . . . .
- credit check, when the duties or tasks to be performed require it or in the event of a criminal record based on the type of offence.
- Other checks, according to the duties or tasks to be performed, and with the prior consent of the Treasury Board.
Either a CRNC or a fingerprint check must be conducted for the enhanced reliability check. If the manager decides that a fingerprint check is required, it may be performed before or after appointment. In the latter case, the CRNC must be completed and the status authorized before the effective date of appointment or contract.
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Personnel Security Standard 2.3.2 (full-text).