The Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA, until 1997 Electronic Industries Association) is a trade organization composed as an alliance of trade associations for electronics manufacturers in the United States. Those associations in turn govern sectors of EIA standards activity.
The associations are:
- Electronic Components Association (ECA)
- Internet Security Alliance
- JEDEC – The JEDEC Solid State Technology division, formerly Joint Electron Devices Engineering Councils
- National Science and Technology Education Partnership
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
EIA is accredited by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to help develop standards on electronic components, consumer electronics, electronic information, telecommunications, and Internet security.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|