Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Electromagnetic deception (also referred to as manipulative electromagnetic deception (MED)) is
|“||[t]he deliberate radiation, re-radiation, alteration, suppression, absorption, denial, enhancement, or reflection of electromagnetic energy in a manner intended to convey misleading information to an enemy or to enemy electromagnetic-dependent weapons, thereby degrading or neutralizing the enemy's combat capability.||”|
"Among the types of electromagnetic deception are:
- a. Manipulative electromagnetic deception — Actions to eliminate revealing, or convey misleading, electromagnetic telltale indicators that may be used by hostile forces.
- b. Simulative electromagnetic deception — Actions to simulate friendly, notional, or actual capabilities to mislead hostile forces;
- c. Imitative electromagnetic deception — The introduction of electromagnetic energy into enemy systems that imitates enemy emissions."
- ↑ U.S. Department of Defense, Joint Pub. 1–02: DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Nov. 8, 2010, as amended through May 15, 2011) (full-text).
- ↑ Operational Terms and Graphics, at 1-68.