The Electricity Sector Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ES-ISAC) serves the electricity sector by facilitating communications between electricity sector participants, federal governments, and other critical infrastructures. It is the job of the ES-ISAC to promptly disseminate threat indications, analyses, and warnings, together with interpretations, to assist electricity sector participants take protective actions.
ES-ISAC engages in the following activities:
- Receives incident data from private and public entities.
- Assists DOE, FERC, and DHS in analyzing event data to determine threat [vulnerabilities]] and trends, as well as interdependencies with other critical infrastructures.
- Facilitates analysis of incident data and prepares information.
- Disseminates threat alerts, warnings, advisories, notices, and vulnerability assessments.
- Maintains a close operating liaison with other private and public government infrastructure information sharing and analysis centers.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of private and government infrastructure interdependencies.
- Maintains a secure Internet site to facilitate messaging among participants.
- Participates in government infrastructure exercises.
- Conducts outreach.