Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Electricity Advisory Committee provides advice to the U.S. Department of Energy in implementing the Energy Policy Act of 2005, executing the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, and modernizing the nation's electricity delivery infrastructure.
The goals of the Committee are to provide advice on:
- Electricity policy issues pertaining to the U.S. Department of Energy
- Recommendations concerning U.S. Department of Energy electricity programs and initiatives
- Issues related to current and future capacity of the electricity delivery system (generation, transmission, and distribution, both regionally and nationally)
- Coordination between the U.S. Department of Energy, state, and regional officials and the private sector on matters affecting electricity supply, demand, and reliability
- Coordination between federal, state, and utility industry authorities that are required to cope with supply disruptions or other emergencies related to electricity generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Smart Grid: Enabler of the New Energy Economy, Front matter.