Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of the Inspector General, EPA Needs to Determine What Barriers Prevent Water Systems from Securing Known Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Vulnerabilities (Jan. 2005) (full-text).
This Report identified several reasons why vulnerabilities have not been addressed:
- Current technological limitations may impede implementing security measures.
- Companies may not be able to afford or justify the required investment.
- Utilities may not be able to conduct background checks on existing employees.
- Officials may not permit SCADA penetration testing.
- Technical engineers may have difficulty communicating security needs to management.