E-business (an abbreviation for electronic business) is any kind of sales, services, purchasing or commerce that takes place over the Internet. It
|“||includes all aspects of on-line business activity — purchasing, selling, tracking inventory, managing production, handling logistics, and supplying communications and support services.||”|
"Business organizations include any for-profit, governmental, or nonprofit entity. Their processes include production-, customer-, and internal or management-focused business processes.
Examples of electronic business processes are:
- Production-focused processes include procurement, ordering, automated stock replenishment, payment processing and other electronic links with suppliers, as well as production control and processes more directly related to the production process.
- Customer-focused processes include marketing, electronic selling, processing of customers orders and payments, and customer management and support
- Internal or management-focused processes include automated employee services, training, information sharing, video conferencing, and recruiting."
- ↑ International Electronic Commerce: Definitions and Policy Implications, at 9-10.
- ↑ Thomas L. Mesenbourg, "Measuring Electronic Business: Definitions, Underlying Concepts, and Measurement Plans" (full-text).
- ↑ Id.