Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Digital Freedom Initiative (DFI) is part of the Volunteers for Prosperity (VFP) initiative created by Executive Order on September 25, 2003. The DFI was launched on March 4, 2003. The goal of the Digital Freedom Initiative is to promote economic growth by transferring the benefits of information and communication technology (ICT) to entrepreneurs.
The Initiative involves foreign aid for developing countries to develop information and communication technology (ICT), training by Peace Corps volunteers, and involvement by U.S. technology companies.
Areas of focus of the DFI include:
- Improved rural access to telecommunication services in rural and under-served areas;
- Policy and regulatory reform, and technical assistance to support infrastructure investment;
- The use of ICTs by small and medium-sized businesses;
- Expand use of technology in health care, education, and for secure financial transactions;
- More inter-regional commerce and export competitiveness through use of ICTs.