The Defense Standardization Council
- (1) Advises the USD(AT&L) on the implementation of business improvement initiatives that relate to specifications and standards.
- (2) Develops policies to improve acquisition through the use of standardization, commercial and non-developmental items, acquisition streamlining, and other related functions.
- (3) Identifies goals and the resources necessary to accomplish these goals.
- (4) Influences resource commitment decisions to implement the Defense Standardization Program.
- (5) Supports the development and use of interoperability standards for national and international use.
- (6) Undertakes to resolve issues that cannot be resolved at the Component level, and to make recommendations to the USD(AT&L).
- (7) Establishes ad hoc working groups, as required, to conduct studies or recommend solutions to problems.