Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The White House, Cyberspace Policy Review: Assuring a Trusted and Resilient Information and Communications Infrastructure (May 29, 2009) (full-text).
On May 29, 2009, President Obama issued the results of the Administration’s 60-Day "Cyberspace Policy Review." Following the issuance of the CNCI, the Review’s goal was to assess U.S. policies and organizational structures for cybersecurity. In order to develop a strategic framework to ensure that the U.S. government's initiatives are appropriately integrated, resourced, and coordinated, the following near-term action plan issues were noted in the review:
- Appoint a cybersecurity official to coordinate interagency strategy and policy.
- Prepare and update national strategy to secure the information and communications infrastructures.
- Designate cybersecurity as one of the President's key management priorities and establish performance metrics.
- Designate a privacy and civil liberties official in the NSC cybersecurity directorate.
- Convene appropriate interagency mechanisms to conduct legal analysis of priority cybersecurity issues.
- Initiate a national cybersecurity public awareness and education campaign.
- Develop U.S. government positions for an international cybersecurity policy framework.
- Prepare a cybersecurity incident response plan.
- Develop a framework for research and development strategies that focus on “game-changing” technologies that enhance security.
- Build a cybersecurity-based identity management vision and strategy that addresses privacy and civil liberties interests.