Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Strategy outlines the EU's vision in the cybersecurity domain, clarifies roles and responsibilities and sets out the actions required based on strong and effective protection and promotion of citizens' rights to make the EU's online environment the safest in the world.
The Strategy focuses on five priorities:
- Becoming "cyber resilient" by increasing capabilities, preparedness, cooperation, information exchange and awareness in the field of network and information security, for both the public and private sectors at the national and EU level;
- Drastically reducing cybercrime by strengthening the expertise of those in charge of investigating and prosecuting it, adopting a more coordinated approach among law enforcement agencies across the EU, and enhancing cooperation with other players;
- Developing cyberdefense policies and capabilities within the framework of the EU Common Security and Defence Policy ("CSDP");
- Developing industrial and technological resources for cybersecurity; and
- Establishing a coherent international cyberspace policy for the EU that promotes core EU values.
As part of this Strategy, the European Commission has also published a Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning measures to ensure a high common level of network and information security across the Union.