Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This document is a statement by the GAO describing (1) cyber threats facing cyber-reliant critical infrastructures; (2) recent actions the federal government has taken, in partnership with the private sector, to identify and protect cyber-reliant critical infrastructures; and (3) ongoing challenges to protecting these infrastructures.
Continuing challenges outlines in the report include:
- implementing actions recommended by the president's cybersecurity policy review;
- updating the national strategy for securing the information and communications infrastructure;
- reassessing DHS's planning approach to critical infrastructure protection;
- strengthening public-private partnerships, particularly for information sharing;
- enhancing the national capability for cyber analysis and warning;
- addressing global aspects of cybersecurity and governance; and
- securing the modernized Electricity grid, referred to as the "smart grid."