The Cyber Warning Information Network (CWIN) provides out-of-band (i.e., not dependent on the Internet or PSTN) connectivity to government and industry participants. The network is engineered to provide a reliable and survivable network capability. CWIN serves as an early warning system for cyberattacks.
It is anticipated the CWIN will:
- Provide for multilevels of participation.
- Accommodate the exchange of data and images.
- Support security and handling requirements for the exchange of classified and unclassified information.
- Accommodate unique information handling caveats as determined by the originating organization.
- Be able to expand to accommodate other Government and private sector watch centers.
- Be dedicated to the sharing of vital cyber warning information.
- Have a significant degree of independence from thepublic network (PN).
- Include documented operating policies and procedures.
- Provide near-real-time communication capabilities with a high survivability index.