Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Cyber Warning Information Network (CWIN) provides out-of-band (i.e., not dependent on the Internet or PSTN) connectivity to government and industry participants. The network is engineered to provide a reliable and survivable network capability. CWIN serves as an early warning system for cyberattacks.
It is anticipated the CWIN will:
- Provide for multilevels of participation.
- Accommodate the exchange of data and images.
- Support security and handling requirements for the exchange of classified and unclassified information.
- Accommodate unique information handling caveats as determined by the originating organization.
- Be able to expand to accommodate other Government and private sector watch centers.
- Be dedicated to the sharing of vital cyber warning information.
- Have a significant degree of independence from thepublic network (PN).
- Include documented operating policies and procedures.
- Provide near-real-time communication capabilities with a high survivability index.