Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
European Commission, Expert Group on Security and Resilience of Communications Networks and Information Systems for Smart Grids, Cyber Security of the Smart Grids (Summary Report) (Mar. 4, 2013) (full-text).
In 2010 the European Commission convened in 2010 a multi-stakeholders and multidisciplinary group of Experts to discuss and work on relevant matters regarding the security and resilience of communication networks and information systems for Smart Grids. The Expert Group had two main objectives:
- Objective 1: Identify European priority areas for which action should be undertaken to address the security and resilience of communication networks and information systems for Smart Grids. The Expert Group was also expected to define recommendations on how to progress on each priority area at European level.
- Objective 2: Identify which elements of the smart grid should be addressed by the Expert Group (e.g., smart appliances, smart metering, smart distribution, smart (local) generation, smart transmission) and to what level. The use of an existing common concept model was to be considered. The Expert Group was to:
- Identify key strategic and high level requirements to ensure the security and resilience of communication networks and information systems for Smart Grids.
- Identify a good practices guideline based on lessons learned and that develops how to secure and increase the resilience of the ICT lay down infrastructure of Smart Grids. Moreover, the guideline will provide proposals on the way forward to ensure that cyber security challenges of smart grids are approached from a multidisciplinary perspective encompassing a dialogue and synergies between ICT security experts and energy/smart grids experts.
- Propose mechanisms/messages to raise awareness of decision makers related to the security risk of ICT for Smart Grids, as well as possible measures to manage such risk.