Australian Government, Cyber Security Strategy (2009) (full-text).'
- strong national leadership to help make sure all Australians look out for the security of the country's computer systems
- shared responsibilities by all online users because we are all susceptible to security threats to the country's computer systems
- partnerships between government, industry and the community so everyone works together to help protect our computer systems
- active international engagement because the world is interlinked by computer systems
- risk management to make sure the most dangerous threats to our computer systems are dealt with first, and
- protecting Australian values so our individual freedoms and right to privacy are upheld while we tackle security threats to our computer systems.
The Strategy has three goals:
- for all Australians to know about the security threats to our computers, to know how to secure our computers, and to know how to help protect our identities, privacy and finances online.
- for Australian businesses to operate secure and resilient computer systems to protect their operations and the identity and privacy of their customers.
- for the Australian Government to make sure its computer systems are secure and resilient.