A criminal intelligence file
|“|| consists of stored information on the activities and associations of:
Only information with a criminal predicate and which meets the agency's criteria for file input should be stored in the criminal intelligence file. Specifically excluded material includes:
- A. Information on an individual or group merely on the basis that such individual or group supports unpopular causes.
- B. Information on an individual or group merely on the basis of ethnic background.
- C. Information on any individual or group merely on the basis of religious or political affiliations.
- D. Information on an individual or group merely on the basis of non-criminal personal habits.
- E. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI), should be excluded from an intelligence file. This is because CORI may be subject to specific audit and dissemination restrictions which are designed to protect an individual's right to privacy and to ensure accuracy.
- F. Also excluded are associations with individuals that are not of a criminal nature.